Friday 24 June 2011

EXCLUSIVE: ‘I WANT TO MARRY OPRAH OR THE QUEEN’ – SEUN KUTI



Words:Adedosu 'kenzy' Adekunle

Barely Two Months after his brother, "FEMI KUTI" of the Positive Force band claimed he does not believe in marriage in an exclusive interview with the men of the press, the youngest son of the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Seun Kuti in an exclusive interview with our journalist also agrees with the beliefs of his older brother saying ‘I’m not a cynic, I’m a realist.

As Uncle Femi Falana put it to me, people expect the African to love, to romance and forget reasoning, but it is highly impossible for the Yoruba man to abandon his reasoning for love. However, there is going to be romance, but he will never forget reasoning’.

When we asked if he will ever get married if the right girl comes around, he went on to say: ‘No problem as long as she’s got big money, millions of dollars. I want to marry Oprah or The Queen of England, ladies with big bucks and then I can divorce her in two years with half of her money coming to me… I want a woman who will buy me stuffs like Ferrari, Condo and the great things that would make all the nagging and stress of the marriage worth enduring.’


Seun Kuti, has been playing in his father‘s Egypt 80 band since his pre-teen years before taking over the band after his father died on Saturday, August 2, 1997. His second album, ‘From Africa With Fury: Rise’ produced by Brian Eno is set to be released on Tuesday June 21, 2011 by St. Jude Music and Egypt 80 Records with his record label, Knitting Factory Records in New York City holding the copyright.

Seun Kuti on Marriage

Krest: Do you mean you do not wish to give in your marriage?

Seun: Sure I want to give, but not just eternally. Being married to a woman without money means giving forever. No, I don’t want to give forever; she should be giving generously big too. (Laughs)

Krest: So what happens if you marry someone like Oprah and she goes broke before two years?

Seun: I would have divorced her before she goes broke. I would know the money is finishing, that is how smart I am.

No comments: